Sulaimani and surrounds:
- Sulaimani museum, located on Salim Street, houses local items that date back thousands of years. It is one of the richest museums in the Region.
- The Red House Museum, which was a detention centre under Saddam Hussein’s Ba’ath regime, shows how its detainees lived, and recounts the genocidal campaigns against the Kurds in Iraq.
- Dokan Lake, 70 km west of Sulaimani, is a local resort with hotels, restaurants and holiday chalets.
- Darbandikhan dam 65 km south east of Sulaimani also has tourist cabins, restaurants, leisure facilities.
- Ahmadawa resort, known for its springs, waterfalls and orchards, is a popular summer escape for locals and tourists.